maanantai 23. heinäkuuta 2012

Beyond sadness

Something in soul transcends sorrow. Maybe it's hope, sometimes determination and unwillingness to give up. I felt better yesterday, I feel even stronger today. Come what may, I will live, laugh, love and be happy again.

There is an immanent beauty in every moment. It is present in our moments of great joy and it's there in our deepest despair. I knew to look for it and survived. During these past months there have been moments of such pain I thought I would die. I might be traumatized for life, but I'm breathing, fighting, looking forward to the next day.

There is no quick-fix recovery here. Only the solemn knowledge that every time I draw breath, I heal. Kore went to the Underworld to become Persefone - to turn from a maiden to a queen. Inanna descended to the Underworld and cheated Death. I faced my own death and underworld full of shadows and fear already once.

And there are days when the entire world seems to bring solace. When after an entire day of rain there is a sunset more brilliant than any I've ever seen illuminating the wet pines - like a forest of glittering gold. A reminder of life's beauty in the midst sorrow and pain.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti